Storm Grounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storm Grounds

Welcome to Storm Grounds!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heroes WANTED!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JewelSkye
Lady
JewelSkye

Number of posts : 26
Localisation : In the depths of your imagination, challenging your creativity
Registration date : 2007-06-12

Heroes WANTED! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heroes WANTED!   Heroes WANTED! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 4:55 pm

Lily lifted her head to look up at him, sniffling some, unsure what he meant by her not being the only one. His arms were a comfort, and she was glad he hadn't pushed her away as she'd half expected him to do. "I'm not?" she asked, voice a little shaky from the tears still spilling down her cheeks.

One hand slid from around him and up to her own face, swiping at the tears there as she let out a shaky sigh, trying to calm herself down though her free arm was still firmly around his waist, holding on to him as if letting go meant that she'd be alone to face the reality of what had nearly happened to her all over again.
Back to top Go down
Aries Wolf
Admin
Aries Wolf

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Heroes WANTED!   Heroes WANTED! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 10:30 pm

"Far from it..." James said smiling. He stepped back from her, turning toward the weight set across the room. "Lily do you see this?" He asked lifting a 70 pound weight non-chalantly and placing it on the barbell. He went about adding more weights, while singing softly to himself, the words indistinct.

"This is 400 pounds of iron Lily..." James said sliding the lock pin into the end of the bar, before casually lifting the whole thing with one hand. He spoke normally, as he whirled the bar around like a gymnast wields a baton. "You see m'girl? While you powers are unique, they are no stranger than those of some of the people around you"
Back to top Go down
https://stormgrounds.forumotion.com
Wolfsister
Lady
Wolfsister

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Heroes WANTED!   Heroes WANTED! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 12:07 am

Sasha's eyes flew open, her heart monitor suddenly booming back to life. Her heart beat was erractic, far too fast for normalcy but then again, she had just come back in time.

Was she back?

The outside of the capsule was black. She knew that she ought to be able to see something, but the dark abyss before her frightened her a little. Taking deep breaths, Sasha tried to calm herself. She heard the insistant beeping of the monitor and listened carefully, controlling her breathing, slowing down her heart.

Once that was done, she took stock of herself. Her skin, though a little sore, was fine. Her eyesight (she checked her systems and did a visual check on the inside of the capsule) was working correctly. Obviously her hearing hadn't been affected. She had a massive headache and her bones seemed to throb with pain. She ignored this though, doing a full internal scan and diagnostic. Satisfactorily, everything was all good.

There was a constant, irritating whine in her ears though and she shook her head to try to clear it. Checking her aural sensors once again, she saw that they were functioning properly. She blinked, raising her hand to rub at her ear.

She couldn't do it.

For the first time since coming awake, she panicked. She could not move. She railed against her limbs, trying to make them move. She knew that she only had limited movement in the capsule, but still, her muscle should have responded by now! She jerked her head, trying to move the rest of her body. Checking and rechecking her systems, she ran through ever diagnostic she knew of and nothing bad came up. She just simply could not move.

She screamed inside the suddenly suffocating capsule around her, the sound bouncing off the metallic walls and echoing dimly in her ringing ears. The insistant whine was making her go crazy and the lack of movement was panicking her even more.

The heart monitor blared out a warning as her heart beats suddenly sky rocketed and she had sense enough to heed the warning. She worked at trying to calm herself down. After a long while, she finally did. Trying to avoid panicking again, she slowly willed her fingers to move.

They didn't.

She willed again. And still they didn't. Again, she railed at her useless fingers and again they stayed perfectly still.
She screamed inside her head this time, not wanting to repeat her earlier exercise. And willed with all her might to move her hand. Suddenly the plexiglass infront of her smashed into pieces as her fist connected with it violently in response to her surging brain functions. She gasped and looked out into the world.

She still could not see a thing.

Finally her infra red sensors kicked in and her thigh twitched. Suddenly she understood. It had to be a factor of the time travel, of course she didn't really know as she was apparently the first sentient being on earth to try it. But it seemed as if everything was trying to 'catch' up with her. Like she was lagging.

She thought that eventually everything would catch up with her, so she overloaded both her system with commands as well as her limbs with movement. With these 'stored in time' she hoped that when they 'caught' up, she would at least know about it. For the moment, though, she had a good 180 view of the world outside her tiny capsule.

She blinked as she tried to make sense of the blinking dials, the control panels, the wax models, the scientific looking displays and the view screen before her.

Where was she? More importantly, when was she?

She had no way of knowing that she had landed in a peculiar little "Future Museum" in New York. Its main business was displaying (accurately) what various people in the past had predicted the future to look like. Right now, she was sitting smack bang in the middle of a Star Trek 'bridge' display complete with a Chekov, Spock and Captain Kirk standing at attention.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fantasticstories/
Aries Wolf
Admin
Aries Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Heroes WANTED!   Heroes WANTED! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 10:19 am

The cops were shocked, one man had actually soiled himself, the building was in mayhem: How had one man overpowered three of the cities Finest?
But as Detective Gerald Walker arrived calm seeped into the place. Walker was the best of the best. He was unshakeable. Unbreakable. Untouchable. Not even the biggest and most powerful criminals in the city tried anything with Walker.

At 47 he looked 30, he wasn't a tall man, or a particularily handsome one. But he was fit, and he looked the part of the life long crime fighter.

"Are you the one with the electric net?" He asked, as he came onto the scene where one of his best officers was being loaded onto a stretcher. While it was true he wasn't chief of police, knowone would dispute that they were more his officers than anyone elses.
Back to top Go down
JewelSkye
Lady
JewelSkye

Number of posts : 26
Localisation : In the depths of your imagination, challenging your creativity
Registration date : 2007-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Heroes WANTED!   Heroes WANTED! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 6:15 pm

Lily's eyes widened at the sight of what he was doing. Four hundreds pounds and he could just twirl the thing around like it was nothing! But wait... even stranger than what he was doing was how he was doing it. She wasn't sure where her ability had come from, had never been able to identify it's origins, only what her power did.

Moving to the couch, she sat down heavily and watched with wide eyes. "But... how did you get powers like that? I still don't know where mine came from... I wasn't born with them, I mean. They didn't manifest themselves until I was in high school."

She chewed her lower lip, tucking a lock of her long hair behind her ear as her mismatched eyes took him in. The man who was already somewhat of a hero to her had just become so much more. Or at least... the level of regard she held him at had gone up significantly. He knew how it felt to be as different as she was... maybe he could understand what it felt like to know that you could reach out and touch someone and they'd be dead.
Back to top Go down
Jedi Khan
Jedi Knight
Jedi Khan

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Heroes WANTED!   Heroes WANTED! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 11:56 pm

Allen spent almost half an hour being as helpful to the police as possible, while they conducted their investigations, and recovered from what that big man had done to their brothers in arms. He was doing everything other than giving the police a reason to arrest him. He noted their uneasy glances in his direction, and whispered conversations, so he decided to try to take a nap. Plopping down in one of the chairs in the room, he was just starting to relax when someone spoke to him.

”Are you the one with the electric net?"

Allen looked up to find a rather professional looking (for an officer) detective looking down at him. Allen stood up slowly, gave a small smile.

“Yes, I am. And that’s my handiwork over there, too,” said Allen, indicating the still active cage around the reactor. “My name’s Allen Green, but you can call me Sparky. What can I do for you sir?”

Last edited by on Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolfsister
Lady
Wolfsister

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Heroes WANTED!   Heroes WANTED! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 10:59 pm

Sasha slowly recovered all of her mobility and her systems soon checked out an all green. She reached up slowly, relieved when her hand moved, and scratchd an itch near her ear that had been slowly killing her.

She reached up and pulled the eject cord, the glass screen in front of her cracking open. She smiled and took a deep breath from the fresh air that suddenly rushed into the small capsule. She wasn't sure, but she thought that the air filters had sparked out some twenty minutes ago and she had been forced to control her breathing since then. It was nice to finally be able to breath again.

She carefully moved a foot and opened the glass 'door' even further, stepping out into the world beyond. She laughed out loud as she stepped forwards and poked one of the wax models, the one that depicted a puzzled Spock. She went through and examined the rest of the display, for now she could see that it was. She was standing on a sort of stage with this display all around her.

Blinking, she suddenly had an idea and crossed over to grab the edge of the capsule on both sides. With much grunting and pulling, she managed to reposition the capsule so that it was being pointed at by one of the wax crewship men and Kirk was staring it in wide eyed horror. It still looked far too advanced so she shut the capsule door and tinted the glass. Now it looked to be something that sort of belonged.
Happy at her handiwork, she took a step down from the stage.

And set off a shrieking alarm.

You see, the displays around her were all valuable collectables. Expensive collectables and thus the security system was a mite touchy.

"Damn it!" she swore softly to herself, "I should have run a check," then she raced over to the door, seeking some sort of off switch. The person who owned the museum would surely have one. She ransacked drawers in the offices she found, trying to find any hidden compartments. She shifted all the things on respective shelves and picked up and put down everything that she could find.

Oh dear, when the police arrived, it would look as if she were robbing the place.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fantasticstories/
Aries Wolf
Admin
Aries Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Heroes WANTED!   Heroes WANTED! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 11:16 pm

Walker turned away from the Lightning guy for a minute. Flicking open a violently vibrating cellphone.

"Hello? No shit? Alright"

He closed the phone.

"You figure you can hold your own against this "Evil" guy?" Walker barked.

"I was born with my powers, as I believe were you, although usually it is the chemical changes in the body during puberty that trigger them..."

James regarded her quietly for a moment. She looked so relieved. He reached out to touch her shoulder. The 400 pound weight still in the other hand.

"Unlike you, I have managed to identify the source of my power... Zulu Radiation, I was exposed while still in my mother's womb to a new experimental form of unstable radiation that altered my DNA and gave a far more dense muscle mass... how much do you think someone my size would weight Lily?"

He paused letting her take a look at him before continuing.
Back to top Go down
Jedi Khan
Jedi Knight
Jedi Khan

PostSubject: Re: Heroes WANTED!   Heroes WANTED! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 11:26 pm

"You figure you can hold your own against this "Evil" guy?"

Allen blinked, trying to remember who this "evil" guy was. The he remembered: the big man he had just stood off.

"Yeah, I think I can hold my own against that big man. At least, better than anybody you can find," said Allen, meaning no offense. "Why do you ask?"
Back to top Go down
Aries Wolf
Admin
Aries Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Heroes WANTED!   Heroes WANTED! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 1:04 pm

Walker smiled grimly,

"Cause the museum across the street just got broken into... we suspect it's him, if you are willing to help us... your Electric net might not make into our report"
Back to top Go down
Jedi Khan
Jedi Knight
Jedi Khan

PostSubject: Re: Heroes WANTED!   Heroes WANTED! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 11:29 pm

"Cause the museum across the street just got broken into... we suspect it's him, if you are willing to help us... your Electric net might not make into our report"

Allen's face showed confusion for just half a second as he wondered why his net would not end up in the police report; it had saved the officer's life, hadn't it?

"Sure, I'll help you out. This might be a diversion to get us away from that generator, but I don't think it's going anywhere any time soon," said Allen, with a small grin on his face as he indicated the still active cage around the device. "The museum across the street, you say? Well, lead the way."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heroes WANTED!   Heroes WANTED! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heroes WANTED!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2