Storm Grounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storm Grounds

Welcome to Storm Grounds!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Aries Wolf
Admin
Aries Wolf

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-05-22

OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted! Empty
PostSubject: OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted!   OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 8:02 am

In the small town of Greendale New Mexico, a strange evil is stirring. The area is infamous for the American governments experiments with a "Newly" discovered form of radiation, called Zulu. Zulu Rays are invisible to human perception, and are generally harmless, but when they come into contact with Uranium-238 they become destabilized and cause genetic mutations in any organism that comes into contact with them.

For the past 30 years the town of Greendale has been oblivious to the presence of Zulu radiation and has seemingly been unaffected by it. Within the past few years though children born within twelve years of the experiments beginning have developed odd abilities. Both mental and physical. Superpowers for want of a better term.

Now a man named James Sypher, has discovered his powers, and he has less than goodly intentions for them. He must be stopped, heroes are wanted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf-HcRnWkFo

Can you stop me? I will take the role of the villain James Lindel. A man with the ability to lift up to 15 tons, and leap up to 40 feet in any direction. James is clever, powerful, and quickly becoming wealthy through a series of heists and murders. He now lives in New York city, and has an extensive network of less than reputable friends.

Your character can orignate from the Greendale experiments or something else entirely. You don't have to have super powers, if you want to be a cop, detective, news reporter or nearly anything else that's fine too.

If you hate this idea and think I should tie an anchor around my neck and jump off a dock that's fine don't post, I appreciate constructive criticism.

I am looking for people to try and stop him, his motives aren't clear at first, but will be revealed in the thread, if anyone is interested. I am looking for a minimum of two people. Please PM, or post here.

Name: James Lindel

Heroic/Villianous Identity: Sypher

Height: 6'3

Weight: 430lbs

Powers: Strength to lift up to 15 tons. Able to leap 40 feet in any direction from a stand still, at a dead run as far as 70 feet forward, and 50 feet high.

Attributes: Educated, clever, charming, and quickly becoming wealthy, avoids relying on his powers.

Weakness': Tempermental, mentally unstable, and merciful in personal confrontations.

Biography: James Lindel was born in Greendale New Mexico, he was exposed to Zulu ray's while he was in his mother's womb, as she was assistant director of the project. Knowone really knows who his father was as his mother was seeing several men at the time of his conception.

When he was in school a younger boy insulted his mother, deciding to teach the kid a lesson James took a swing at him five minutes later he found himself airbourne. He would have died had his powers not manifested, rather than cracking his skull open when he hit the wall, he smashed through it.

Knowing even at the age he was that it should have been impossible, James fled the scene, and began to experiment with his new found resistance to damage. He found that his muslcles had become denser and more powerful, he weighed far more than he looked like he did, and he could lift more weight than any full grown man, even at the tender age of 12.

Though this made swimming a real chore, James was amazed by his new found power and set about training himself to use it.

Last edited by on Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://stormgrounds.forumotion.com
Wolfsister
Lady
Wolfsister

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted!   OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 12:35 am

I would love to join this thread. I need a little more time to think up a character bio but I already have something in mind. Give me a little longer and I'll post up a bio here and see if its accepted. Thanks.

Last edited by on Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fantasticstories/
Angelus
Lord
Angelus

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted!   OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 1:50 am

Hell yeah! Who wouldn't love this idea? I already have a character in mind too. He's kind of like Peter in Heroes where he can absorb the abilities of people around him but if he uses them too much he could end up destroying a city block with no problem. He won't explode, its just that his powers will overwhelm him and it becomes like his mind is apart from his body and he can't control what he does. He's a good guy but he fears what he could become, what he could do. He fears himself, basically.
Back to top Go down
Jedi Khan
Jedi Knight
Jedi Khan

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted!   OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 1:59 am

I'm interested too. I've already got a character in the works. His ability: controls electricity.
Back to top Go down
Jedi Khan
Jedi Knight
Jedi Khan

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted!   OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 3:44 am

Okay, here he is. For those of you who use the metric system, do you're own math. I'm using the U.S. system.

Name: Allen Green aka "Sparky"
Weight: 150 lbs
Height: 5'11"
Hometown: Scottsdale, Arizona
Ability: Complete control of electricity

Allen grew up on the border between Phoenix and Scottsdale, spending eight years at the public schools across the street, and then transferring to the newest Catholic high school in the area, Notre Dame Prep in northern Scottsdale. After graduation (or release, as he likes to call it), he went to work at the Palo Verde Nuclear Power Plant north of the city. The power plant is the largest nuclear plant in the nation and generates most of the power for the state of Arizona. During his time working at the plant, he was exposed to unstable Zulu rays, and the next thing he touched were some low-voltage wires, thus he gained the ability to control electricity. That was two years ago. He's worked on developing this ability, after discovering it six months after the fact. He still works of APS (Arizona Public Services), which owns and operates the plant, but he is no longer a technician. He's a researcher, charged with the task of finding new ways, more efficient ways of generating power. So, the company sent him to New York.

His abilities allow him to draw electricity from the world around him, be it solid ground, air, water, electrical appliances, or even people. This gives him near limitless amounts of electricity to work with. He has no need to store electricity in him, but he can. In fact, his body naturally generates electricity, so he always has a few hundred volts handy. It only takes him about 30 seconds to gather enough electricity to bring an elephant down. If he gathers enough energy, the electricity will spark off him naturally, trying to equalize with the air around him. He can actually shape and mold electricity into a tangible item, which he can throw with devastating effect. If APS knew what he could do, they’d plug him in and have him power the whole Southwestern United States.
Back to top Go down
Wolfsister
Lady
Wolfsister

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted!   OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 3:55 am

Okay... I've had a little think and this is what I came up with:

Name: Sasha
Height: 5'9"
Hair: Long, wavy bleached white. (Natural)
Eyes: Dark Forest Green
Weapons: Usual armoury... nothing much has changed for cops in the future (I will expand in posts)
Year of Origin: Assuming this thread is set in 2007 - she comes from 2045

Sasha grew up amongst theives and the unsavoury sort of people, she quickly learned to despise this and at an early age set the goal of becoming a cop.
Her dream came true. She quickly became the best in the business.

One of her late assignments was to capture and contain a mutant agent. His name was Sypher. Though he was an old man in the file, he was extremely powerful and extremely dangerous. The task was impossible. A new technology however may be the key to making her assignment a success.

Time technology. New, powerful, limited and very dangerous is used to project Sasha back in time, to when the public first learned of Sypher.

Now in the year 2007, Sasha is alone, cut off from any support and having to use the current technology. She must adapt to her surroundings and catch Sypher before he can commit the atrocities he will in her future. She understands that she may never return home, but hopes that there will be a way.

In this past, she might, just might have a chance to stop her ultimate prey.

Abilities: No special mutanous powers to speak of. She does however have bionic enhancements (I'll make a more detailed list later) and mechanical additions to her body, these are the norm for her world though, with some specials for the fact of her occupation.

She has extensive use of all forms of Martial Arts and is an accomplished sharpshooter. Her endurance and speed are slightly enhanced but are barely noticable.

She has several weapons stashed on her person but they will soon run out of ammo as she has no refreshers. She must conserve.

Okay, Aries, how is this? I hope you don't mind that I used Sypher in my history. I can change or scrap this character as per your preferences, but I thought I might throw Sasha at you.

Hope this is what you're looking for. Very Happy

Last edited by on Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Aries Wolf
Admin
Aries Wolf

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted!   OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 9:11 am

*ducks for cover* NO HUMAN PROJECTILES! They both look great! Wolfsister Sypher being written into your history was perfect! Blaster nice profile I like the bit about the government! Now I will post the IC and Angelus can join as soon as he gets a profile up.
Back to top Go down
Wolfsister
Lady
Wolfsister

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted!   OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 8:02 pm

Yay!! *throws a sponge*

Hey, its not human.... lol!

Hey, Sasha's not that bad, I could have thrown worse Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Angelus
Lord
Angelus

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted!   OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 10:56 pm

Okay, here is my character for this thread.

Name: Ethan
Height: 6' 4"
Weight: 185 lbs
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Green
Hometown: Greendale, New Mexico
Ability: Absorbs powers of others

Ethan has recently found out that his home town had been experimented on by the government, unknown to the people who lived there. Nobody there realized what was happening to the town, about the Zulu rays that were in the air everywhere but strange things kept happening around them.

As soon as he was born the doctors of the hospital realized that Ethan was different from the rest of the kids in there and decided to run some tests on him. What they found was that the closer he got to other's the stronger he seemed to become. They knew that something was different about him but even before they could test what was different about him their research disappeared and they were told to keep quiet.

Ethan lived a pretty normal life, not even knowing about the powers that flowed through him until one day he got into a fight at school and with every punch that his assailant struck found himself growing stronger. He felt something growing within him and before he knew it sent the young boy flying across the school grounds with a mere shout. It scared him so much that Ethan ran home from school, not wanting to return again.

He left Greendale as soon as he could and began to wander the country, not wanting to stay in one place too long until he came to New York City and wondered it he could finally find a home there.

Ability: Able to absorb the power and ability of the closest hero to him and use it. He can amplify the power used as well but the more that he uses it the more more he loses control until it is let out in a powerful blast, enough to destroy a city block. His hair goes from his usual black to white the more he uses his power and if it goes completely white then he has lost control.
Back to top Go down
JewelSkye
Lady
JewelSkye

Number of posts : 26
Localisation : In the depths of your imagination, challenging your creativity
Registration date : 2007-06-12

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted!   OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 9:52 am

Is it too late to join? I hope not >.> I don't have time to put up a character sheet right now, cause I have to go to work in a bit, but I'll have one up when I get home from work if you're still accepting. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aries Wolf
Admin
Aries Wolf

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted!   OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 11:23 am

Of course were still accepting whats a super hero thread without at least four heroes against the villain? cheers
Back to top Go down
JewelSkye
Lady
JewelSkye

Number of posts : 26
Localisation : In the depths of your imagination, challenging your creativity
Registration date : 2007-06-12

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted!   OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 11:12 pm

Name: Liliana Shire
Heroic/Villianous Identity: Iota
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 105 lb.
Hair: Knee-length, ringlet curls, flame red with streaks of black through it
Eyes: Vivid and mismatched, one green and one violet

Powers:
Using some unnamed power, she has the ability to break things down at the molecular level, completely destroying them and leaving them in such a state that they cannot even be recognized for what they once were.

Biography:
Liliana Shire was born in Boston, Massachusetts to a single mother. She never knew her father, and her mother never would give the girl any answers as to who or where he was. Her mother was a chemist, and shortly after Zulu was discovered, was hired by the government and put on a special research team sent to study the substance.

She uprooted her daughter, at the time only six years old, and moved them across the country. As her mother was working, Liliana spent her time between school, home, and her mother's office at the research facility. She never was very good at making friends, often out casted for one reason or another. Some made sense and some were simply excuses, she thought.

Even at that young age, Liliana showed an unusual amount of intelligence, and some dared to call her a child genius. This continued, and things didn't change when her mother finally moved them back to Boston so that Liliana could attend a magnet school there.

It was at the age of 14 when odd things began to happen to Liliana. She didn't tell anyone at first. At periods of heightened emotional states(whether it be anger, sadness, or being overjoyed), she could touch things and they would glow blue for a moment before suddenly falling apart, dissolving in her hands. And then the remnants of what she had dissolved would dissolve and so on and so forth until there was nothing left.

It took some time, but eventually she managed to study her way through most of these odd happenings, testing her new found ability in the privacy of her own room when her mother was not around. With time she found herself able to control this new ability, and to make the process with which she destroyed things go slower, allowing her to study what she was doing. She soon came to realize that she was not just dissolving things, she was dismantling them piece by piece... at the basest form of existence: their atoms.

She learned to control and hide her powers, though did adapt a taste for wearing gloves at all times unless it couldn't be helped, even in school. She graduated high school at 16 with honors, and was accepted to a school just outside of New York City, where she wanted to study to become a chemist like her mother.
Back to top Go down
Jedi Khan
Jedi Knight
Jedi Khan

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted!   OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 12:35 am

Aries, if you would be so kind, do mind playing the role of the police? You are the GM, and as such, NPCs are your domain. Thanks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wolfsister
Lady
Wolfsister

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted!   OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 11:47 pm

Hey, sorry I've been away guys. I've just been really really busy Embarassed

Anyway, I should be on more often now. cheers
Back to top Go down
Jedi Khan
Jedi Knight
Jedi Khan

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted!   OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 12:04 am

No problem Wolfsister; just as long as you come back, there is no problem. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted!   OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OOC: Casting Call Heroes Wanted!
Page 1 of 1