Storm Grounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storm Grounds

Welcome to Storm Grounds!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gods of their age

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Blade

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Gods of their age Empty
PostSubject: Gods of their age   Gods of their age Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 12:26 am

A Star Wars – SG1 crossover. Set after the Return of the Jedi, and during the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. This set at the beginning of Season 5 and it is an AU, which will be explained along the way.

Thanks go to Lord Misrule (Lightening Count) for his help on the description of the Prometheus.

Gods of Their Age

Prologue

The Prometheus
………………………………

A man, wearing an expensive suit, black, with a pair of wire frame glasses, and his brown hair cut short for the occasion, stood at a podium in front of hundreds of delegates, looking out at the sea of anxious faces. He was Doctor Daniel Jackson, archaeologist, scientist, friend and ambassador.

Before the speech was due to start, Daniel had been as nervous as hell; he twitched, jumped and barked at people who so much as coughed in his general direction. Recognising this fear, the fear of once again being laughed at, ridiculed off the podium, his friends had surrounded him, SG-1, the other SG teams, the command, even the other scientists, hell even the marines came to him in his time of need. They all offered words of advice, helped calmed him down and tried to placate him, but it was Jack, the older, peppered haired Colonel, who had first stepped through the Stargate with him that had calmed him down.

“You wanna know the best trick for speaking in front of large crowds like this?” Jack had drawled to Daniel when the last marine had patted the scientist on the shoulder. “

Daniel sighed and rolled his eyes, “Sure Jack.”

“Don’t tie your shoelaces together,” Jack had slapped him on the back and walked off, leaving Daniel staring at the wall with a completely blank face, his mind frozen while trying to figure out the riddles meaning.

And then, it had hit him, a mental image of him walking up the stage with his shoelaces untied and tripping in front of every single on and off world leader that they could get.

“Why is Daniel Jackson laughing O’Neill?” Teal’c, the large coloured former First Prime of Apopthis, had enquired. The Colonel shrugged his shoulders.

“Danny’s loosing it T,” replied the Colonel. Teal’c’s lips had twitched and he inclined his head.

“Indeed,” was Teal’c’s cliché answer.

Daniel had smiled all the way to the podium, outside in the blazing heat. He shook the President’s hand and then the hands of other leaders, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, English and a multitude of others and then finally up to the top of the podium, where some five years ago, ironically, it started just as good. Daniel adjusted his glasses and pushed them up his nose, using his middle finger in the general direction of Jack who was making faces when no one was looking.

The sun shone over the Nevada desert blazing in the morning sky, already hot enough to burn anyone without proper protection. “Five years ago,” Daniel said, speaking into the microphone, “I stood at a similar podium with more questions than answers; I spoke to a world that wasn’t ready, a world that laughed at the idea that aliens were real.”

A murmur rippled through the crowd, as many had heard of Jackson’s previous speech.

“Five years later, I’m older wiser and standing at a podium with answers to those questions and a crowd of people who believe as I believe,” Daniel stopped and looked out at the sea of smiling faces. Daniel changed direction as per his speech, “Prometheus was a Titan who stole fire from the gods and gave it to mankind. He was punished by Zeus and chained to a rock, and every day an eagle would come and eat his liver.”

Another ripple. “It’s not a pleasant story, and it didn’t end well for our hero, but nowadays, Prometheus is considered to be intelligent, cunning and bold. The same traits that will be required for the crew that will man humankind’s first joint venture in space, boldly going where no person has gone before.”

The massive crowd of people clapped, especially Jack who had bugged Daniel to no end to use a Star Trek quote.

Daniel stepped away from the microphone and smiled at the tall, blonde haired, blue eyed Major Samantha Carter as she walked up the small steps to take his place, Daniel joined Jack and the grinned, “Sweet,” Jack said in greeting.

Daniel chuckled and nodded as Sam started talking, “Just as the Titan Prometheus had sought to elevate mankind, so too will this technological wonder elevate us into the heavens.”

Sam smiled, “The BC303 class vessel will be the first explorer ship launched from Earth. She will be a tactical stroke research ship that will help bring new contacts, technologies and weapons to mankind. She is a combination of Gou’ald, Asgard, and human generated technologies. It is only with the Asgard’s help, our very own Titans, that we were able to create the BC303. She is the first but not the last.”

There was a murmur at that word “Gou’ald.” They were a parasitic race of beings that violently took over the host, whether human or alien, were hell bent on either humanity’s total domination or annihilation.

Sam stepped out of the way, moved down the steps and waited. A moment later there was the feel of electricity in the air and a bright flash of light. About 20 Asgard had appeared, and were all standing around the podium, observing the large crowd of delegates. Again there was much murmuring, but this time it was slightly louder, as everyone who was having a quiet conversation, was trying to have the quiet conversation over someone else.

The irony of it was that the quiet conversations were somewhat loud. There were Asgard there that Sam and Daniel recognised and some they didn’t. Although Jack claimed they all looked the same, he too saw little greys that he knew, specifically Thor.

“Gotta love those guys,” Jack said quietly with a big grin.

Thor saw the small team and nodded at them, Teal’c inclined his head, while the others nodded respectably. The others that they knew were Loki, Freyr, Aegir, Hermiod (who coincidently did not look happy, even for an Asgard,) and Heimdall, the slender Asgard waved his hand in greeting to the premier team.

“We have seen, over many centuries, humankind grow and reach towards the stars,” Thor said in a slightly quiet voice that could be heard regardless. “We have come to consider the Tau’ri as brothers in our quest to maintain peace with all nations, all planets and all systems.”

“Our enemy is a common one,” Heimdall said stepping forward, “And if it were not for the actions of the few,” he waved his hands towards SG-1, “We would have been long since lost.”

“It is for these reasons,” Freyr said, the slender Asgard continuing, “That we are gifting you with these technologies.”

“Indeed,” Thor agreed, “Our advanced database, replicators, weapons and hyperdrives. We believe you to be wise enough to use them properly.”

Thor looked pointedly at Carter who nodded back. She then clicked her talkie and spoke rapidly, and a moment later, something happened that startled the large crowd.

The hypnotic hum of powerful engines soon was heard, as the blast doors to the underground hanger bay, buried deep in the desert, started opening. The ground began shaking slightly, and soon it began rumbling. People panicked and the crowd started backing away. The noise was incredible, as an audible rumble drowned out anything anyone was saying, no one could so much as hear themselves think, let alone talk. The sight of the great grey ship lifting up out of the dry ground was a sight to behold.

The sand bounced and danced with the deep, chest thumping rumble of the ship’s antigravs as the grey beast awoke like a kraken parting the waves. On her flank blazing in the sun like a beacon of humanity’s hope and determination read the name 'Prometheus' bringer of freedom and fire to mankind in legend. Like its illustrious forbearer, this instrument of iron and fire had every intention of doing exactly the same thing.

The ship was essentially several slabs of cold trinium plasma welded together with no consideration for beauty or aesthetics. She was no work of art; a simple and practical design that simply performed a role and that role was to give battle to those who would attack Earth.

The hard lines left the dark grip of the earth and emerged triumphantly into the bright shimmering light of the Nevada Desert, as the warship growled into life, engines fighting the clinging embrace of gravity and seeking to claw free into the wide world above.

Even though Sam was aware that the powerful antigrav drives were working at peak efficiency she still winced at the droning sound the ship was making.

With one final groan the ship pushed itself from the surface and gently glided upwards, and when it was far enough away turned on its powerful ion engines and ‘boomed’ upwards, the sonic waves hit the ground, heaving up tonnes of sand and dust. The ship could be seen cutting through the atmosphere like a knife thrusting upwards, stabbing for the darkness of space beyond.

Colonel Jack O’Neill beamed, as did the rest of SG-1, even the normally stoic Teal’c was smiling. Jack turned to the President who was grinning like a Cheshire cat and said, “Now how’s that for an entrance.”

………………………………

Thor walked down the steps and greeted his friends and the President, “Mr. President it is a pleasure to see you again. I am most pleased that you considered my opinion of the future management of Stargate Command.”

Senator Robert Kinsey, who was standing next to the President, winced and narrowed his eyes at the little grey. Jack leaned in close, “Careful,” he whispered, “You might get a butt probe.” Kinsey choked and looked at O’Neill with contempt.

“Yes,” The President nodded, “We took it under advisement, and all agree that as the SGC has the most experience in dealing with off world matters, it’s best to leave it be.”

“Agreed,” Thor although he didn’t - couldn’t - look happy, he sounded happy. “Stargate command has helped us out of a few problems, including the battle with the replicators. If it wasn’t for Colonel O’Neill locating the disruptor gun in the Ancient Database we would have lost the war.”

“Here that,” Jack said with a smug look, “Bet ya the NID wouldn’t have done that.” The President looked amused, but didn’t say anything.

“I am curious,” Thor looked around at Heimdall, the scientist who had been tasked with finding a solution to the Asgard genetic problem. “As to why the Tau’ri have such a fixation with the rectum.”

Everyone within earshot fell silent and blinked. Daniel had gone very quiet and was trying to hide behind Teal’c who had raised an eyebrow. “We have never done any experiments on humans.”

Loki stepped forward and coughed slightly, “It was a mistake on my part; it is where I believed the human brain to be.”

“In our ass?” Jack queried.
………………………………

The ship maintained an orbit around the earth; the crew on the bridge and around the ship getting some serious views of the blue and green world that they called home, birthplace of most humans around the galaxy and of the resistance, the Tau’ri.

The greying and often stern face of Colonel Lionel Pendergast was, like SG-1, beaming, his smile for the first time in years reaching up to both ears. The crew on the bridge couldn’t help but join in as it was most infectious. Lionel had been chosen over one other commander who was originally slated to be commander of the ship. Colonel Ronson William was instead given command of a newer ship that, with the help of the Asgard, was being built; the Orion, based upon the Deadelus class, or B304 design.

Lionel awaited and eventually received from the communications station the radio burst from Jack O’Neill, “Colonel, five to beam up.”

Lionel nodded silently, and commed the engineering where one of the Asgard was helping out, and a moment later, Colonel Jack O’Neill and his team were beamed aboard the bridge.

Jack bounced happily on his feet, giving a deceiving image of his true age, “Hell I’ve always wanted to say that.”

“Indeed O’Neill,” the large Jaffa said with the twitch of his lips. Teal’c bowed to Lionel in greeting, who gave a curt nod of the head back. Jackson shook his hand and Carter saluted. Lionel returned all.

“Nice speech, Doctor,” He turned to Sam, “Major.”

“I was going to say kick ass and take names,” said Jack - Doctor Jackson scowled at the leader of SG-1. “But the president assured me none of them would understand my sense of humour.”

Lionel chuckled, “I’m sure there’s someone out there that understands your sense of humour.”

He waved towards the window, and the galaxy at large. Daniel shrugged and smirked, “I doubt it, but then it is a large galaxy.”

“Needle in a haystack?” Sam queried.

“Thanks guys,” Jack said at his team. He looked at Teal’c for support, but the large Jaffa had found something else of interest on the bridge.

“Well,” Lionel stated, clearing the moment’s silence, “Let’s get this show on the road.”

“Bite me,” Jack could be heard saying to Daniel. Lionel shook his head, and decided it was going to be a long trip.
Back to top Go down
Ashley116

Ashley116

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-06-18

Gods of their age Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gods of their age   Gods of their age Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 7:01 pm

Smile I like your story, love the characters. I found it was hard to follow but then again I have only have seen about 2 episodes of star trek lol. I like how you incorperated the story of Prometheus, he's one of my favorite mythology characters. Smile
Back to top Go down

Gods of their age
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Storm Grounds :: Library Arcanum-
Jump to: