Storm Grounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storm Grounds

Welcome to Storm Grounds!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which New Game Console is Better?

Go down 
2 posters

Which Next-Gen Console is Best?
The Nintendo Wii
Which New Game Console is Better? Vote_lcap50%Which New Game Console is Better? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
The Microsoft Xbox 360
Which New Game Console is Better? Vote_lcap50%Which New Game Console is Better? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
The Sony PS3
Which New Game Console is Better? Vote_lcap0%Which New Game Console is Better? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
Jedi Khan
Jedi Knight
Jedi Khan

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Which New Game Console is Better? Empty
PostSubject: Which New Game Console is Better?   Which New Game Console is Better? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 3:47 am

I want to start a little debate here. I know that there are die hard fans of the various Next-Gen game consoles out there, so I want to hear from them.

I will tell you right now, that my vote goes to the Nintendo Wii. Nintendo has been in the video game business for 20 years, so they know what they are doing. Plus, the Wii only costs $250! It's a whole lot cheaper than the other consoles.

The Sony PS3 is just horrible. They can't sell those things, especially for the price they are charging. $600 bloody dollars? Those things aren't worth $100.

The Microsoft Xbox 360. The thing has been out for over a year, and Microsoft has yet to even consider lowering the price of it. It is still $400! And Microsoft just released the Xbox 360 Elite? What's the difference? Well, it's black and it costs $479! And guess what? Microsoft just extended their factory warranty because of something that has been called the "Red Ring of Death." Here's the story: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/resources/warrantyupdate.htm
Back to top Go down
Wolfsister
Lady
Wolfsister

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Which New Game Console is Better?   Which New Game Console is Better? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 3:49 am

To tell you the truth, I'm a person for all three. I started with a SNES, worked my way to an Xbox and then got a PS2. Now I want all three, maybe not so much the Wii - it looks tiring.

As for the prices, you got off cheap. True, I don't know the price of the Wii, the 360 is selling for about $800 here (started off at $900+) and preowned are going for about $500.

PS3 debut-ed here at about $2000. For just the machine and a controller. Now... well, pretty much the same. Hasn't been here for all that long.

The new Elite is better. Mostly because it can fit more in it. It has its harddrive back in (like the Xbox) and I think they've fixed some backwards compatibility issues that the 360 had. Pretty much the same difference between the black and silver PS2's.

I know that I didn't vote in the poll, but I've got my opinion here.

Last edited by on Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fantasticstories/
Jedi Khan
Jedi Knight
Jedi Khan

PostSubject: Re: Which New Game Console is Better?   Which New Game Console is Better? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 3:53 am

Were the prices you gave in Austrailian dollars? Because the prices I gave are in U.S. dollars. I do believe that the value of the two different dollars is different.
Back to top Go down
Wolfsister
Lady
Wolfsister

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Which New Game Console is Better?   Which New Game Console is Better? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 3:55 am

Of course in Australian Dollars. When you calculate it, they probably come to the same value but that doesn't matter. Its the currency people have at the time that does.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fantasticstories/
Jedi Khan
Jedi Knight
Jedi Khan

PostSubject: Re: Which New Game Console is Better?   Which New Game Console is Better? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 11:59 pm

This just in: Sony cuts price of PS3. Here's the story: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070709/lf_afp/entertainmentlifestylejapanusgamesony_070709071407

My opinion? Too little, too late.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which New Game Console is Better?   Which New Game Console is Better? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which New Game Console is Better?
Page 1 of 1